5.24.2010

I come from a family well versed in the ways of sibling rivalry. Tonight as Emma and I were driving home from work she handed me a glass and plate that had been left in the car (on the passenger side). "Don't forget to take in your dishes." she said. I laughed, "My dishes? Those are your dishes from last week." "You're kidding me right? You brought those in the car today." "No I didn't. You did last week. I even remember what you were eating, toast and a glass of milk!" And so it went until we got the mail and were walking up the 2 flights of stairs to the apartment. She stood outside the door waiting for me to unlock it. "I wont unlock the door until you admit that I'm right and you're wrong." "You're insane. You know I'm right." "I'm serious." "If you don't open this door right now I will throw all the mail (a few day's worth of magazines, letters, and newspaper) to the first floor. 5. 4. 3. 2... 1." And she drops it. Mail explodes everywhere. "I'm still not unlocking the door." And I went down the stairs, picked up all the mail, got in my car and drove away. 1o minutes later I come back... she is still sitting outside the door to our apartment. Hahah... 4 years go by so fast and nothing changes. Family feud til the end my friends.

No comments: